POSTED 10 months ago
CARE international has started implementation of SDC funded project for disaster resilient initiative in FATA (DRIFT) Under this project CARE will develop a disaster management roadmap/ plan for FATA and develop Plan for Bajaaur beside CBDRM training, mainstreaming of DRR in the line department. Under this project support to Pakistan DRR forum for coordination with members, and enhanced communication with all members.
The work scope will also include review of project implementation progress as per agreed CARE guidelines, adherence to emergency protocols, processes and procedures (targeting, cash disbursement etc.). The program Officer is required to coordinate to support the Pakistan DRR forum at Islamabad and its provincial chapter in Peshawar, coordinate with Government, UN, CARE partners; and ensure that CARE program information is adequately captured in UN cluster system and reporting. This position reports to Senior Advisor on DRR & Climate Change in close coordination with project manager and field and grant section at Islamabad level . The PO will also document the reports and follow the program documentation and facilitation of events and regularly participate in different meetings at Islamabad , Peshawar/FATA
JOB Responsibilities and Tasks:
A) Support to Pakistan DRR forum; 30 %
- To disseminate knowledge, information and communication with Pakistan DRR forum members
- Develop a data base of the Pakistan DRR forum members and regularly coordinate
- Organize venue and facilitate chair of Pakistan DRR forum in documenting minutes and good practices.
- Organize coordination committee members meeting on regular basis and document minutes.
- Finalize 4 W matrix on regular basis and follow up with members for compilation
- Document success stories of the Pakistan DRR forum
- Develop an E Magazine on resilience and climate change on quarterly basis based on the information collected from members.
- Establish coordination with Ministry of climate change and NDMA
- Monitor the resilience context and situation in the country and develop updates to inform the EPR on positioning;
B) Support in the implementation of DRIFT project: 35%
- Participate in periodic programming reviews of EPR and SDC project to record the minutes, report generation and action plans.
- Coordinate with UNOCHA, PHF and NHN on joint initiative t studies and ensure CARE inputs and participations in such exercises at national and provincial levels.
- Support DRR FATA project in coordination with Partners, CSOs, NHN, DRR forum and stakeholder
- Review and present analysis to program management team the partners reports and upkeep and maintenance of the program beneficiaries database.
- Assist in project reporting and program documentation as per Care and Donor requirements.
- Organize and facilitate events in the implementation of the project at Islamabad and field level
- Support project manager , Senior Advisor DRR & CC to implement the project in line with donors requirements
C) Support EPR unit in overall program; 35%
- Support Senior DRR & climate change Advisor in compiling progress reports as per PDMA/FDMA, NDMA, PHF formats and ensure timely submission with accuracy and consistencies of information.
- Support EPR and Project Team Leads/Managers in field to develop updates on projects and share it with Coms Unit to upload on CARE website in regular fashion.
- Extract and communicate gaps in the delivery of relief work in timely manner for corrective measures and support at procedures level.
- Plan and coordinate funds flow for field offices and Partners, reporting issues and related documentation.
- Any other Task assigned by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
Respect, accountability, building commitment, stress tolerance, collaboration, contributing to team success, customer focus and information monitoring.
Team work – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
Communicating and sharing ideas and information - Able to present findings/recommendation and express opinions confidently.
Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute project work plans; and contribute to the achievement of Project objectives
The Program Officer is expected to collaborate with EPR and support teams on related functional affairs, consistently coordinate and team up to achieve the desired project activities. The position is to have constant contact with the partner organizations.