POSTED 3 months ago
Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Project Officer Private Sector (PS) will make sure proper implementation of AGES (Advancing Girls Education and Skills) Project. The project will be implemented in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and will be implemented in two cities namely Lahore and Karachi. The incumbent will be responsible for engagement with private sector to ensure quality of the project through regular visits to the field. The project officer PS will be coordinating with Private sector technical training institutes for any required liaison. The PS officer will be a mentor for the private sector institutes and will conduct regular trainings from time to time. While mentoring the project team the officer will be conducting follow-up visits. The project officer will also oversee the project activities conducted by institutes in Lahore and Karachi.
II. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
Under the supervision of Project Manager below are key highlights of project officer role;
Key Internal Contacts
Education Advisor, Project Manager and partner and consortium staff in the field
III. CRITICAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Excellent working knowledge of technical and vocational education programming and engagement with private sector, principles and practical implementation.
2. Knowledge of existing good practice and current issues in private sector institutes in urban setting.
3. Proven experience in technical and vocational education projects, market linkages and job placement especially with private sector and programs developed for adolescent girls.
4. Excellent report writing and presentation skills
5. Fluency in written and spoken English is highly desirable.
· Master Degree preferably Business Administration, Social Sciences / Development Studies/ Statistics.
· Demonstrated 3-5 years of relevant experience with INGO/NGO
· Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
· Sufficient experience with private sector, technical and vocational education related trainings, field monitoring and report writing.
· Assessment, analytical and planning skills
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Strong computer/internet usage skills
CARE believes in equal opportunities for all. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.