POSTED 10 months ago
Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Education Officer will make sure proper implementation of AGES (Advancing Girls Education and Skills) Project. The project will be implemented Peshawar, Swat and Buner districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The incumbent will be responsible for quality of the project through regular visits to the field. The Education officer will be coordinating with Government line department for any required liaison, managing good relationships with district department education department and leading the coordination meetings. The education officer will be a mentor for the implementing teams and will conduct regular trainings from time to time. While mentoring the project team the officer will be conducting follow-up visits. Education Officer will also oversee the project activities conducted by partners in field.
II. KEY RESPONSBILITIES:
Under the supervision of Project Manager below are key highlights of Education Officer role;
Technical Implementation and Planning:
Networking and Partnership Building:
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building:
Program Management, Monitoring and Delivery of Results:
Key Internal Contacts
Project Manager and staff in the field
III. CRITICAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Excellent working knowledge of Education Programming, principles and practical implementation.
2. Demonstrated experience in education project implementation preferably community based
3. Knowledge of existing good practice and current issues in education in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
4. Proven experience in education projects especially basic education and programs developed for adolescent girls.
5. Excellent report writing and presentation skills
6. Fluency in written and spoken English, local language (Pashto) is highly desirable.
· Master Degree preferably social sciences / development studies/ statistics.
· Demonstrated 4-5 years of relevant experience with INGO/NGO
· Pro-active, persuasive, ability to work under stress.
· Sufficient experience in education related trainings field monitoring and report writing.
· Assessment, analytical and planning skills
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Pashtu.
· Strong computer/internet usage skills
CARE believes in equal opportunities for all. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.