POSTED 6 months ago
Objective of the Programme:
AAWAZ is a 6 year cutting edge, Flagship Programme in Voice and accountability. Funded by UK Department for International Development this community and gender focused programme works with a number of eminent NGOs including the Aurat Foundation; South Asia Partnership, Pakistan (SAP-PK), the Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO) and Sungi Development Foundation. The programme aims to facilitating linkages between the State and Government of Pakistan and its citizens by creating awareness amongst the population whilst giving citizens and communities the skills to bring about change; resulting in a State and Government that is more receptive to citizens’ demands.
TORs for Accounts Officer:
The Accounts Officer will report to Programme Accountant. Se/he will be specifically responsible to perform the following tasks:TORs for Accounts Officer
The Account Officer will report to Project Accountant. S/he will be specifically responsible to perform the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities for Account Assistant are as follows:
· Maintain and update proper accounting records
· Update data of all approved petty cash and cheque payments vouchers in DAI Field Office accounting system i.e. Quickbook.
· Review petty cash balance reconciliation on daily basis.
· Ensure accurate completion of payroll forms by the end of each month in accordance with the applicable policies & procedures.
· Assist the Program Accountant to prepare the cash/bank reconciliation at the end of each month to close the month’s books.
· Assist with maintaining FER’s and prepare monthly project locals according to project guidelines.
· Track receivable accounts for individual staff for travel and operational advances as per relevant financial policies.
· Assist the Project Accountant in salary and taxation matters.
· Assist in the process of financial payments of invoices
· Assist in filling the financial documents for the month in proper order and sequence;
· Scan & record monthly vouchers for MO/HO.
· Verify monthly time sheets and rectify anomalies.
Education and Experience:
· Mnimum qualification required is Bachelors/B.Com or equivalent
Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
· Knowledge of basic financial procedures
· Good Computer Skills