POSTED 1 week ago
Duration of Assignment: 3 months (with possibility of an additional 3 month extension)
Reporting Line: Country Management Team
Anticipated Start Date: 1st of February 2018
BACKGROUND: As part of national effort to upgrade the NGO’s information technology capability, the Pakistan country office will implement a few changes to improve user experience, availability of systems and reduce cost. These changes will include evaluation of existing IT services such as desktops, networks, security and file sharing with a goal of service improvement and increased collaboration. There will be a need for a local IT support as part of these changes.
SCOPE OF WORK:
1. Assist in the management of office IT equipment and determine any equipment requiring replacement or repositioning.
2. Undertake asset management of all related IT systems and devices. This includes licenses, passwords, mobile Wi-Fi devices, phones, laptops etc.
3. Liaise with any relevant service providers to perform network cabling and Internet provision requirements. Liaise with the ISP, to confirm bandwidth availability and troubleshoot any issues.
4. Support all users connected to the local network.
5. Manage and support users on the wireless network. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
6. Test the power stability of the network to determine stability and efficiency
7. Manage existing IP telephony within the office.
8. Setup network printers/scanners and give users access to these services.
9. Continuously monitor the LAN, Internet and WAN (where applicable) ensuring users have access and are able to meet their objectives using ICT
10. Address any connectivity incidences reported by users through Pakistan management team and escalate to the global support when required.
11. Implement NGO's standard server threat management software to protect servers from viruses, malware and data exfiltration.
12. Ensure all end-user devices accessing network have up to date anti-virus software;
13. Ensure end user devices are automated to scan on a weekly basis if AV managed locally
14. Support Pakistan staff with IT queries as they may arise. This may include setting up laptops, installing approved desktop software, and supporting conferencing via WebEx.
15. Assist in the documentation and review of recurring IT costs and IT vendors.
16. Make any recommendations based on your knowledge of the local context, vendor performance and possible areas for negotiation.
17. Normal working hours will be 8:30am to 5:30pm while flexibility to provide remote support out of these business hours may be required from time to time to troubleshoot any issues in time.
Education and Skills
· Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as IT, or Computer Science.
· Hardware and network certifications e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, ITIL
· 3-5 years of demonstrative experience in ICT operations.
· Experience in monitoring and supporting LAN/WAN networks, desktops and IP telephony
· Experience in supporting end users with IT related queries
· Experience in deploying antivirus solutions in a centralized environment
· Experience in monitoring network security
· Experience in monitoring Internet stability using network tools
· Experience in working with 3rd party vendors and suppliers
· Experience in deploying network printers
· Experience working with people from multi-cultural backgrounds
· Honest and of high integrity
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player, Collaboration, Problem solving, Commitment to Gender and Diversity
Work will be based at the Pakistan office in Islamabad and may require ad-hoc trips to field locations throughout Pakistan.